Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting Settled

So I made it...Yayyy!

I'm all caught up on everything. I arrived Saturday at 6:30 am, got a little tour of the city, took a nap, and went to the Youth League game then found out I was cleared to play in the ABA game. The girls won by 30, and I was tired so it worked out I didn't play. After the game the team went out for Thai food and then into Manly (a northern Sydney beach local spot). 

We had a good time getting to know each other. It was an early night for all and came home at 12. Funny story though:

So I left my house key in my duffle bag which was in my coach's car. I met the daughter of the lady (Roz) whom I'm staying with out and she had told me where the spare key was. When I got home, the key wasn't there. Roz had taken the key to get copies made for me earlier in the day, and had forgotten to put the key back. She had also been locked out that night, but she wound up having a spare in her purse. 

Needless to say, since Roz got a new couch in the living room this week, the old couch was under a the patio roof awaiting pickup from St. Vincent de Paul. Roz is a really heavy sleeper, so knocking was futile. I wound up camping out on the couch under the stars. It was a gorgeous night and the definitely saw some shooting stars. Then I woke up and saw the sunrise. It was GORGEOUS. 

Sunday I went to the beach. (Go on, be jealous!)  However, I have never been so pale in my life. I'm sure I blended in with the sand. Good thing I was laying on a towel or else the lifeguard on the 4-wheeler most definitely would have run me over!

Today we figured out how to get wireless internet on my computer and I got a cell phone. I also mastered public transportation (the bus) by getting to the mall.

Come to find out, all the girls here, upon asking me where I'm from, I tell them 45 minutes south of NYC on the beach. Then they ask if I'm from the Jersey Shore. HAAHAH! I love it! I told them none of my friends look or act like them, but there is some truth to the Guido and Guidette thing. Then I show them a picture I have on my phone of me in front of the house taken last July. Everyone here loves Snooki. Apparently when you go out in Sydney, there is alot of the same kind of crowd there, as well. Who knew?! 

Talk soon all! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment