Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Go Time!

2 Bags packed....Check.
2 Bags under 50 lbs...Check.
1 Carry-on bursting at the seams...ABSOLUTELY!

So I get to hop on a couple of planes for an estimated 28 hours and 53 minutes total (YES!) in less than 12 hours...("WINNING!!!"). 

My reading material is: Born to Run (recommended read for anyone looking to run more than 5 miles at any given time). Lincoln Lawyer - I heard Matthew McConnaghey was going to be in the movie (I <3 him and loved his serious role in We Are Marshall, so I'm going with it.) I'm also bringing 7 Events That Made America. I like history, so it will be a good refresher. 

I was going to bring Decision Points by W. , Leadership by Rudy G. and Going Rogue by Sarah P. (I'm halfway through it), but...NAH. There's also a book (believe it or not) on Obama around my house somewhere, but let's be serious folks, I'd probably get the boot from the plane three pages into the Preface. (All I can see are peanuts taking out eyeballs and the term Bloody Mary taking on a whole new meaning.)

I have Eat, Pray, Love on top of the stack, but c'mon now...I haven't met a single person who made it through Italy (including myself). India and Indonesia would be pure torture. Plus, there is a slight tear out of the binding from a family member who wanted to rip the book up because it was so bad, SOOO needless to say, I'll leave it here to collect dust!

See you again soon Jersey Shore. Stay "tantastic!"

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment