Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wedding Hats

If you didn't watch the Royal Wedding, please stop reading this now. 

Those of you still reading, good form and kudos!

I don't care too much for weddings, I'm more or less of a wedding Scrooge. I'm eloping (you're welcome Bob & Wanda.) But the Royal Wedding was different. It had some Disney magic involved. My favorite part about the wedding, was when I first turned the coverage on, and the apple of every girl growing up in the 90's eye, (before the bald spot of course) Prince William and Harry  (he wasn't good looking until two years ago, though) were in their Rolls Royce's, driving (well being chauffeured) to the Abbey. Wills was so handsome and he had his Red uniform on. To the fellows reading this, yes, he IS our prince charming and this IS the wedding we all dream about having as little girls! I started tearing up a tad bit. 

Now I know this is titled Wedding Hats, so that's where we're going. 

Then they panned to some celebs in the Abbey. I had NOO idea the extent of these hats worn at Royal events. There was Elton John, and whats his name? -Not wearing hats. Becks and Posh-awesome hat, and  Mama Midds- GO CAROLE!  Any other day I would have thought Princess Bea and Princess Eug's flying flamingo and preposterous peacock ensembles were Royal gaffes, and way OTT (over the top). But they were AMAZING! There was one woman, I believe the Prime Minister of Great Britain's wife, who didn't have a hat on and she was the one who really looked like an idiot! Now I'm not too much into fashion, mainly because they don't make clothes my size, but I have a small dome. I'm all about the hat crazy. I HEART WEDDING HATS!

We all know, that the rate I'm going, I won't be getting married any time soon. I am, however, proposing a few wedding hat wearing ideas I can partake in.
1) I propose (with a sapphire diamond?!!) every girl should wear wedding hats to weddings. I love this tradition and I am all about carrying on my grandaunt Alice's old style of wearing crazy hats to weddings. 
2) You've heard of ugly Christmas sweater parties. I want hat parties. If I ever buy a house (or rent one for that matter!) I will have a hat party house warming. When I get married, I will have a hat themed bachelorette. Imagine  friends, half of mine being over 6 foot, in heels and with these hats! Scene? YES PLEASE! My birthday is in a few weeks, totally thinking about a hat party.
3)  Lets make it awkward events as well! Imagine showing up to a first date or meeting your future in-laws in an OTT hat. Wedding hat: $50. Look on blind date's face when you show up for with a saucer on your noggen: Priceless. 
4) While we're at it, lets spice up baby and bridal showers! Seriously, we all know what she's getting because WE SAW THE REGISTRY! Let's get sauced and talk hats sisters!
5) Funerals could be ok, too. You could wear a hat that reminded you of the person who died. If something were to happen to me, I'd want you all to wear hats (jus' saying'). I'm Irish, so funerals are a celebration and we all tell really funny stories about the person who passed. But hats would be the icing on the cake (are there cakes at funerals? I want an ice cream one at mine!) No tributes needed, just a hat on every woman, lock me up and throw dirt on me! Oh yea, lets not forget to then go have a cold one, with a hat on, in my honor, and on my dollar!

1 comment: